• Does Community Development Services repair mobile homes?
  • How do I get Community Program assistance?
  • What services does Community Programs offer?
  • Does the City offer rental assistance?
  • I don't live in the city of Ocala; can I receive Community Programs assistance?
More FAQs

The Community Programs division of Community Development Services focuses on administering federal and state funding to assist homeowners and to ensure Ocala maintains safe and affordable housing for lower income persons. 

This funding includes Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funds provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The State of Florida provides funding under the State Housing Initiative Program (SHIP).  

After qualifying for income limits and meeting other criteria, citizens can apply for assistance to rehabilitate their housing.  Most projects are completed within six months or less.

The West Ocala Business Improvement Grant program is also managed by the Community Programs division.  This program permits staff to assist businesses in West Ocala with various external and internal improvements to the structure the business operates in.  The business does not have to own the structure; improvements can be made with the approval of the property owner.

Click Here for Housing Programs and Income Limits


More News