The purpose of the Ocala Municipal Arts Commission Grant Program is to provide non-profit organizations and individual artists financial support to pursue artistic endeavors that will benefit the community by fostering the awareness and development of the cultural climate in Marion County, Florida. The commission also acts in an advisory capacity to the City government in connection with the artistic and cultural development of the City and aesthetic aspects of city activities.
The Ocala Municipal Arts Commission (OMAC) is comprised of 11 individuals representing the fields of fine arts and performing arts, nonprofit and arts administration, local business leaders and the community at large. To ensure that the commission provides a broad and knowledgeable representation of Ocala’s arts and culture industry, six of the board seats are reserved for representation from the following leading cultural arts organizations: College of Central Florida’s Visual and Performing Arts Department, Fine Arts for Ocala, Marion County Public Schools, Marion Cultural Alliance, Ocala Civic Theatre, and Ocala Symphony Orchestra. Appointments shall be made by City Council on the basis of experience and interest in the cultural arts at the sole discretion of City Council. The term length is four years.
Meetings take place every other month during the months of February, April, June, August, October, and December.
Applications for this membership on this Commission can be found here
Support Your Local Arts. Buy A Tag!
When funds are available OMAC awards mini-grants to applicants who meet the criteria on the following criteria:
1. Individual Artists - Minimum of one year residency in Marion County, Florida and a project proposal that demonstrates a dedication to promoting the arts within the community.
2. Arts Organizations - Non-Profit arts organizations or educational institutions with one year of dedicated service to promoting the arts in the community.
Other grant receipts:
Ocala Film Foundation
Master the Possibilities
- Fine Arts for Ocala - Ocala Art Festival Children's Art Activities
- Ocala Civic Theatre - In-School Tour
- Ocala Storytelling Festival
- Ocala Symphony Orchestra – Symphony For Schools
For additional information
Laura Walker, Cultual Arts and Sciences, Division Head
828 NE 8th Avenue Ocala, FL 34470
contact Ocala Cultural Arts at 352-629-8447
or email firstname.lastname@example.org