Walk to End Alzheimer's
09/21/2019 6:00 AM - 12:00 PM
09/22/2019 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Ocala Police Department United Way Car Show Fundraiser
09/28/2019 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Letty Towles Dog Park
FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE “MILLENNIUM DOG PARK”
2299 SE 32 Avenue
Ocala, FL 34470
Located at Jervey Gantt Park
Named after Letty Towles, who founded the park and dedicated many long hours to its success, the park boasts 4.5 acres of beautiful fenced in open space for dogs to run and play. The park is divided into two sections; one for smaller pooches and one for larger dogs. Your pet(s) will love the concrete tunnels, tackle the culvert, frolic with other doggies in the splash pad and visit the water stations for a cool lap of water. It is a great location for your dog(s) to show off their socialization skills and for you to become acquainted with other “dog people.” Is your dog tiring you out? Just have a seat on one of the benches under the pavilion or cool off under the canopy of large Oak trees. The Letty Towles Dog Park is open Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays from 7 a.m. to sunset; and closed Wednesdays and Thursdays. If you need any additional information, please call (352) 368-5517.
For professional dog training, please call Letty MacConnell Towles at (352) 732-8655. Letty has been training since 1962 and has served over 20k students. For more info, visit www.professionaldogtrainingocala.com.
All owners/pets must adhere to the following:
- All dogs must have a current rabies vaccination tag.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering/exiting the park and unleashed while in the park.
- Owners must remain with pooch and watch them at all times.
- No smoking!
- Humans and dogs are not permitted to eat in the park.
- If your dog digs a hole, fill it in.
- If your dog poops it, you must scoop it.
- Buckle/snap or harness collars allowed. (No choke or prong collars allowed).
- Misbehaving/aggressive dogs must be removed immediately.
- All unneutered males, females in heat, puppies under six months of age and aggressive dogs are restricted from entering the park.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted in the park.
The City of Ocala thanks Dion L. Osborne, D.V.M. for graciously taking care of Ranger, our adorable doggie mascot. Ocala Veterinary Hospital does a remarkable job keeping Ranger healthy so he can show up to events, give cuddles and put smiles on faces. Thank you, Dr. Osborne!