Acceptable Materials for Recycling
The following list is an example of items that can be recycled:
- Plastic bottles, buckets, tubs, and containers #1-7
- Phone and paper back books, junk mail, magazines, catalogs, newspapers and inserts, office papers, file folders, and paper bags
- Pizza boxes, food boxes, paper milk cartons, cardboard, and chipboard/paperboard (please flatten all boxes)
- Clear, green & brown glass jars and bottles
- Aluminum containers, metal containers, and empty aerosol cans
Community & Apartment Recycling
Using one of our smaller bins to recycle in a community or apartment complex?
Place all of your recyclables into the one bin. When it’s full, take it to the recycling collection center designated by your property management team. Most likely, the receptacle will be next to where you drop off your garbage already.
Stop! Think! Pitch It!
The City of Ocala and Waste Pro of Ocala are pleased to bring single stream curbside recycling to your neighborhood. Be part of making a difference.
Automated Rollout Carts
If you are a City of Ocala resident and you need a tan recycle cart, please contact the City of Ocala Sanitation division at 352-351-6697.
How to Place Your Carts
- Place carts with wheels facing your home.
- Keep cart three feet from parked cars, mailboxes, other carts, etc.
- Please do not block sidewalks with carts.
- Recycling will be collected the same day as your household garbage.