Want to Receive Emergency Notifications?
If you are within the City of Ocala limits, click HERE
If you are not within the City of Ocala limits but, are still inside Marion County, click HERE
Need to Report Issues in Your Neighborhood?
Submit a Service Request below!
Now that the storm has passed, what should you do?
- Continue listening to local news channels and radios for any important announcements
- If you or someone around you is severely injured, attempt to call 911 or wait for emergency personnel to locate you
- Assess the damage of your home and property! Then take pictures or video of damaged property.
- Contact family members to ensure safety
- Avoid driving as roads may be blocked
- Avoid any power lines that are down, even if they appear harmless
- Do not try to wade through flooded areas!
- Once safety is secured and flood waters recede, Gut out structures to eliminate possibility of mold
- Keep records of your clean-up costs for insurance purposes
Storms not only bring destruction,
but also bring multiple health hazards!
Check out this video from The Weather Channel to learn more about health hazards after a storm:
Be ALERT, be AWARE and be PREPARED!
To learn more about what to do when storms strike,
click the icons below!