Are you more likely to implement mitigation measures if you have financial support?
Below are some links that you can research for pre- and post- natural or man-made disaster protection assistance.
Why be reactive, when you can be proactive!
- FEMA Mitigation Grants
- State Programs, such as grants, loans, and rebates
- Housing Improvement Assistance Programs
- The US Department of Agriculture's Rural Development grants and loans for mitigation
- Exempting the improvements from property tax increases
- The potential to reduce flood insurance premiums for certain mitigation projects (e.g. elevating the building above the base flood elevation)