How do you benefit from using a parking payment app, such as PassportParking Mobile Pay, Apple Tap and Pay, or Android Pay?
- Mobile pay eliminates the need for coins and cash to pay for parking, making parking easy and convenient
- View your parking history and print your parking receipts online
- If using PassportParking, you can receive text message alerts 15 minutes before your parking session expires
- If using PassportParking, you can extend your parking time from anywhere without rushing back to the meter
How do parking enforcement staff know that I have paid through a mobile app?
If you pay with PassportParking Mobile Pay, the zone and space information that you enter is immediately sent to the parking enforcement’s monitoring system. If you pay with Apple Tap and Pay or Android Pay, your payment will appear on the meter.
Do I get a receipt?
- Yes. All transactions can be viewed by logging into your PassportParking Mobile Pay, Apple Tap and Pay, or Android Pay account.
- If you pay with coins at the meter, you can contact Downtown Parking Management for a receipt if you know the space number and time.
- If you pay by card at the meter, please contact your card vendor for a receipt.
Is it safe to do a credit card transaction over the phone, at the meter, or on the mobile parking payment app?
Yes. Your credit card number is encrypted when you pay at the meter or sign up with a mobile parking payment app such as PassportParking, Apple Tap and Pay, or Android Pay, and your credit card number is never entered, displayed, or spoken during a transaction.
What costs are associated with parking payment apps?
- Registering with PassportParking Mobile Pay is free of charge. Usual parking rates still apply, along with a 25 cents convenience fee that will be charged to your credit or debit card.
- Registration with Apple Tap and Pay and Android Pay is free, and there is no convenience fee applied to transactions.
What if I paid a meter and still got a ticket?
- Please contact Downtown Parking Management.
Looking for Places to Park Downtown?
Please note: Public parking availability varies depending on time of day and lot location. Please review the sign posted at each lot entryway to determine what parking spaces are currently accessible.
Downtown Parking oversees roughly 1,600 parking spaces throughout the Downtown Ocala area. There are many parking spaces Downtown that are free, including spaces within the Downtown Parking Garage. Please follow signage. Downtown Parking Officers strictly enforce the reserved lease spaces, the meters, the limited time parking, and all parking codes. The meters cost a Nickel for 6 minutes, a Dime for 12 minutes and a Quarter for 30 minutes. If you are ticketed you can pay your ticket on the second floor of the Citizen Service Center at 201 SE 3rd Street, by mail as directed on the ticket, or online at www.remit-online.com/352001.
The demand for Downtown lease parking spaces is high and typically there are few if any available. If you are interested in leasing a space complete the Contract Parking Application below and return it with payment to the address on the application.
SunTran Service Hours Due to COVID-19
SunTran bus services remain operational during the COVID-19 health situation; however, a change in service hours will begin Monday, March 30.
3/25/2020 12:00:00 PM
SunTran Takes Additional Steps for Public Health Safety
3/19/2020 8:11:40 AM