- Florida Permit Surcharge Program
- Rehab Standards Manual
- Changes to the Florida Building Code - Building
- Changes to the Florida Building Code - Energy Conservation
- Changes to the Florida Building Code - Existing Building
- Changes to the Florida Building Code - Fuel & Gas
- Changes to the Florida Building Code - Mechanical
- Changes to the Florida Building Code - Plumbing
- Changes to the Florida Building Code - Residential
- Wind Map Building Risk Category 2
- Building Code Guidelines for Electrical Inspections
- Building Code Guidelines for Mechanical Inspections
- Building Code Guidelines for Plumbing Inspections
- Building Code Guidelines for Structural Inspections
- Commercial Electrical Plan Review Checklist
- Commercial Mechanical Plan Review Checklist
- Commercial Plumbing Plan Review Checklist
- Commercial Structural Plan Review Checklist
- One and Two Family Dwelling Plan Review Checklist
Mondays through Thursdays - 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Fridays - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Building Division provides construction regulation, permitting, professional licensing/ certification, and residential/commercial building plan review for the citizens of Ocala.
We pride ourselves on being user friendly. We understand that in the construction industry, timing is everything. We are dedicated to providing timely inspections. Calls after 7 a.m. will be scheduled the next business day. If you are scheduling on E-Trakit, you must schedule before 7 a.m. for a same day inspection. We provide emergency inspections when conditions warrant.
Inspections scheduled by phone must occur no later than 5 p.m. the previous day. Inspections for the next day may be scheduled through E-Trakit after 5 p.m. and before 7 a.m. the morning of the inspection.
The inspectors are available by phone between 7 and 7:30 a.m. for code questions or jobs in progress only.
Up-to-date permit review and inspection information is available at your fingertips 24 hours a day. Check out how E-Trakit can be used to search by permit number, property address, or contractor name. Please let us know if we can help you become more comfortable with this valuable resource. Service is what the City is all about, and we look forward to assisting you in your next construction project.
Effective May 8, 2020: HVAC Change Out Inspections
Given the circumstances and direction being suggested amid the current Covid‐19 virus, we have modified our procedures to limit personal interactions. Thus, the City will provide virtual inspections of A/C change-outs, reducing the risk of personal contact between residents and inspectors, and providing convenience for property owners. Get the affidavit here.
REQUIRED: Effective Jan. 1, 2018, Engineering will be required on most plans submitted for review that are subject to wind loading, or dead and live loads. See more information here.
As of Jan. 1, 2018, this is a current listing of the Florida Building Codes, Fire Code, & National Electrical Codes.
6th Edition 2017 Florida Building Code - Residential
6th Edition 2017 Florida Building Code - Building
6th Edition 2017 Florida Building Code - Energy
6th Edition 2017 Florida Building Code - Test Protocol
6th Edition 2017 Florida Building Code - Plumbing
6th Edition 2017 Florida Building Code - Mechanical
6th Edition 2017 Florida Building Code - Existing Building
6th Edition 2017 Florida Building Code - Fuel Gas
6th Edition 2017 Florida Building Code - Accessibility
6th Edition 2017 Florida Fire Prevention Code
NEC 2014 National Electrical Code
Note: 140 MPH wind loading applies for Building Risk Category 2