Assistance with reading the content of this website is available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday by calling 352-629-2489.



  • How do I get Community Program assistance?
  • What services does Community Programs offer?
  • Does the City offer rental assistance?
  • I don't live in the city of Ocala; can I receive Community Programs assistance?
More FAQs

The Community Programs division of Community Development Services focuses on administering federal and state funding to assist homeowners and to ensure Ocala maintains safe and affordable housing for lower income persons. 

This funding includes Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funds provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The State of Florida provides funding under the State Housing Initiative Program (SHIP).  

After qualifying for income limits and meeting other criteria, citizens can apply for assistance to rehabilitate their housing.  Most projects are completed within six months or less.

Click Here for Housing Programs and Income Limits