Here are the top 10 things you should do before a storm!
- Review your homeowner's insurance and talk to an insurance agent about any concerns. You can reduce the financial impact of possible flooding by purchasing flood insurance.
- Make a Plan: Decide whether to stay or go.
- Restock all emergency supplies.
- Establish a safe meeting point for everyone in your household.
- Check around your property to make sure all loose items are secure and safe.
- Check your home to secure shutters or panels.
- Fill up your vehicle with gas and get cash.
- Back up important electronic files.
- Contact out-of-area family members to establish a way of communication during the storm.
- Perform a mock scenario to establish familiarity and flaws within your plan. Make changes as necessary.
Be ALERT, be AWARE and be PREPARED!
Click on this icon if you need help getting started or click below to learn more about what to do when storms strike!