Now that the storm has passed, what should you do?
- Continue listening to local news channels and radios for any important announcements
- If you or someone around you is severely injured, attempt to call 911 or wait for emergency personnel to locate you
- Assess the damage of your home and property! Then take pictures or video of damaged property.
- Contact family members to ensure safety
- Avoid driving as roads may be blocked
- Avoid any power lines that are down, even if they appear harmless
- Do not try to wade through flooded areas!
- Once safety is secured and flood waters recede, Gut out structures to eliminate possibility of mold
- Keep records of your clean-up costs for insurance purposes
Storms not only bring destruction, but also bring multiple health hazards!
Check out this video from The Weather Channel to learn more about health hazards after a storm:
Be ALERT, be AWARE and be PREPARED!
To learn more about what to do when storms strike,
click the icons below!