Assistance with reading the content of this website is available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday by calling 352-629-2489.


Elevation Certificates

Elevation Certificates are used by your Homeowner's insurance company to allocate risks and determine flood insurance premiums.

An Elevation Certificate is a form which shows whether the Finished Floor Elevation (FFE) of your building or structure is above or below the Base Flood Elevation (BFE). These forms need to be certified and acquired privately by a licensed professional (Surveyor/Engineer/Architect).

To determine if there is an existing Elevation Certificate for your property, click here

view the elevation certificate map

To see which Flood Zone your property falls into, click here

view the FEMA Flood Map


Grandfather Flood Zone Letters

If a new flood map shows your high-risk property is at greater risk for flooding than shown on the previous map, then your flood insurance rate will likely changes. However, the NFIP Grandfather Rule may save you money by locking in the previous flood zone or the Base Flood Elevation for insurance rating purposes after the new map becomes effective.

If you would like to request a Grandfathered Flood Zone Letter or have questions regarding them, please contact us at 352-351-6733.

Check out our "Documents Box" for more information!