2019 Art Park Series at the Tuscawilla Art Park
OCALA, Fla. (Dec. 4, 2018) – The City of Ocala will host the 2019 Art Park Series at the Tuscawilla Art Park, 213 NE Fifth St., from 6 to 9 p.m. on select dates this spring. This series will feature a diverse lineup of high-caliber performances in a unique outdoor venue. Admission price for each event will vary.
- Friday, Jan. 11 – Musical performance by indie rock artists Kindo
- According to their website, Kindo’s sound can be heady and refined like contemporary jazz, but not without the grit and backbone grooves of rock riffs and pop vocals. Admission to this event is $5 per person.
- Friday, Feb. 22 – Musical performance by Ben Sollee, in partnership with Art Outside the Lines
- Ben Sollee is a cellist, singer-songwriter and composer. His unique playing style, which blends genres from folk to R&B, has expanded beyond the stage and can be heard in film and television.
Art Outside the Lines is a biennial event featuring a guided tour of various forms of public art, as well as a special reception at the City Hall ‘Art in City Spaces’ gallery. This event will take place Friday, Feb. 22 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. For more information about Art Outside the Lines, please visit www.ocalafl.org/performingarts.
Admission to this event is $10 per person for the concert only or $25 per person for the concert and admission to Art Outside the Lines.
- Friday, March 15 – Musical performance by Mass Gothic
- Mass Gothic is a husband and wife duo offering exhilarating sets of guitar-driven pop rock. Admission to this event is $5 per person.
- Friday, April 26 – To be announced
- More information about this event will be provided in the coming weeks.
- Friday, May 10 – After Dark in the Park Movie Series: “Basquiat”
- “Basquiat” is a biographical film based on the life of artists Jean-Michel Basquiat. Admission to this event is free. Light refreshments will be available for purchase. Those planning to attend are encouraged to bring their own blankets and lawn chairs.
A discounted series ticket is available for $20 and includes admission to all five events. An optional $15 upgrade is available, which includes admission to Art Outside the Lines Friday, Feb. 22. To purchase tickets for the 2019 Art Park Series at Tuscawilla Art Park, please visit www.ocalafl.org/performingarts.
For more information, please contact the City of Ocala Cultural Arts Division at 352-629-8447 or email@example.com.