City of Ocala Aquatic Fun Centers Extends Summer Season
OCALA, Fla. (July 9, 2020) – The City of Ocala’s Aquatic Fun Centers are extending their summer season. Both the Jervey Gantt Aquatic Fun Center, 2390 SW 36th Ave., and the Hampton Aquatic Fun Center, 255 NW Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., will remain open through August 8, Mondays through Saturdays, with two swim sessions, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 to 5 p.m. Facilities will remain closed Sundays to facilitate current cleaning and sanitation measures.
Beginning August 15 through September 5, both facilities will be open on Saturdays only, with two sessions, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 to 5 p.m.
The final day of the season will be Monday, September 7 with two sessions, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 to 5 p.m. The Aquatic Fun Centers will close for the season Monday, September 7, 5 p.m.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, additional restrictions and guidelines are in effect for operations at both facilities:
- Temperature and health screenings at entry
- Plexiglass shields installed at customer service counters, as well as six-foot separation markers for entry
- Reduced bathing loads to 75% normal capacity that are monitored and adjusted to ensure proper social distancing
- No swim lessons
- Waterslides are closed
- Groups, camps, and field trips are prohibited
- Reduced number of chairs available with distancing guidelines in place
- Concessions are pre-packaged foods only
Admission for each swim session is $2 for ages 17 and under and $3 ages 18 and up. Admission is free for ages one and under. Facility operations are subject to change and staff continue to monitor conditions based on recommended guidelines. A detailed list of restrictions and guidelines for both aquatic centers can be found at www.ocalafl.org/aquatics.
For more information, please call the City of Ocala Recreation and Parks Department at 352-368-5517.