City of Ocala Public Meetings Move Online Amid COVID-19
OCALA, Fla. (April 7, 2020) – Due to recommendations for limiting public gatherings, the City of Ocala will conduct the regularly scheduled CRA and Ocala City Council meetings through a virtual forum. The CRA meeting will begin on Tuesday, April 7, 4:45 p.m., and the City Council Meeting, 5 p.m. Future meetings occurring during the State of Emergency issued in response to the spread of COVID-19, will be conducted online with no physical attendance permitted in council chambers at City Hall.
Agendas for these meetings can be found here; the Zoom link will be in the top left corner of the agenda.
To participate in these meetings, citizens and interested parties are encouraged to use one of the following options to remain engaged in public meetings:
1. Provide public comment prior to the meeting: Provide written comments by emailing the City Clerk by 5:00 p.m. the day prior to the meeting at email@example.com, mailing to 110 SE Watula Ave, Ocala, FL 34471, or placing in the mail box located on the south side of City Hall. All written comments received by the deadline will be distributed to the mayor, city council members and appropriate staff prior to the start of the meeting.
2. Watch the meeting online and provide public comment during the meeting:
To participate via computer:
• Verify the microphone is enabled on the computer. Otherwise, a telephone may be used to call into the Zoom meeting to provide verbal comments.
• Visit the Zoom website to download and install the Zoom software.
• After installing Zoom, you will be prompted to launch the application.
• Enter your first and last name in the "your name" field.
• Enter your email in the appropriate field; click join.
• A prompt will appear to join with computer audio or to dial in via telephone for audio.
• Use the icon RAISE HAND To provide public comments. Participants will be unmuted and called upon in the order received.
• Alternatively, questions can be entered in the Q&A section of the chat.
To participate via telephone:
1. Call 312-626-6799 or visit Zoom to locate your local number
2. Enter the Webinar ID: 446 885 807
3. Press # to confirm participation and enter the meeting
4. To provide a public comment, use the RAISE HAND option by dialing *9. Participants will be called upon in the order received.
To participate in person:
To accommodate individuals unable to attend as described above, the City will provide a large projection screen with audio capabilities at the Ocala Downtown Market, 310 SE Third Street. The City will accommodate any attendees; however, any persons exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter the premises. Required social distancing will be enforced. Those attending at this location will be able to view the live meeting and offer public comment by phone as previously described. Attendees who appear in person may be subject to screening for symptoms of COVID-19.
For additional information or assistance please contact the following prior to the meeting:
1. For public comment questions: Angel Jacobs, City Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 629-8266
2. For questions on connecting to the meeting: Winsome Jacobs, Director of Information Technology, email@example.com or (352) 629-8238.
Any person with a disability requiring assistance, auxiliary aids, and services for this meeting may notify the City Clerk.