City of Ocala Announces Paid Internship Program for Summer 2020
OCALA, Fla. (Jan. 22, 2020) – The City of Ocala announces Water Resource Internship opportunities for the summer 2020. Participants will be provided opportunities to explore serving the community through a career in government while gaining experience in the water resources department. The application deadline for this program is 5 p.m., Friday, March 13.
This internship is open to high school juniors and seniors. Each intern will receive on the job training, experience in an office environment and can receive relevant certifications at the end of the internship period. This is a paid internship and students are expected to work 28 hours per week.
- • Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m., March 13, 2020
- • Qualified applicants will be interviewed April 15, 2020
- • Selected applicants will be notified in May
- • Work schedules will begin June 1, 2020 and end July 31, 2020 (contingent on intern’s school schedule)
- • This is a one-time program per intern
- • Work hours are approximately four days weekly, six hours daily, 28 hours weekly
- • The proposed hourly rate is $10.00/hour
To apply: https://www.ocalafl.org/Home/ShowDocument?id=18388
For more information, please contact the City of Ocala Water Resources Department at 352-351-6774.