Special Waste Amnesty Day
OCALA, Fla. (Sept. 12, 2019) – The City of Ocala will conduct a special waste amnesty day Saturday, Sept. 14 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the corner of at NE 14th Street and NE Eighth Avenue.
Special waste consists of household hazardous waste and electronics. Neither of these types of waste is permitted to be picked up with regularly scheduled residential waste collection. Special waste from businesses will not be collected.
Examples of hazardous waste items accepted:
- • Lawn and garden chemicals
- • Paint, paint thinners, gasoline and antifreeze
- • Cleaning fluids
- • Fluorescent bulbs, including compact fluorescent lamps
- • Used oil and filters
- • Batteries (auto batteries, rechargeable batteries, etc.)
- • Pool chemicals
- • Aerosol cans
- • Thermometers and thermostats
Examples of electronic items accepted:
- • Battery chargers
- • Computers, keyboards and monitors
- • Small copiers, printers, answering machines and fax machines
- • CD, DVD, Blu-ray and MP3 players
- • Stereos and televisions
- • Cell phones, tablets, PDAs, scanners and cameras
For more information, please contact the City of Ocala Residential Sanitation Department at 352-351-6697.