Safety Tips from Ocala Electric Utility
OCALA, Fla. (April 24, 2019) – Ocala Electric Utility would like to provide a few simple tips to keep your family safe and prevent injuries from happening this spring.
- Call 8-1-1 at least 48 hours before you begin any project that involves digging. Power lines may be above you or buried in the ground.
- Do not trim tree branches that are close to, or touching, power lines.
- Ladders that encounter power lines can be fatal. Keep ladders at least 10 feet away from overhead power lines.
- Unplug all power tools when not in use.
- Remember, water and electricity do not mix. Avoid standing in water while using any electrical tools or devices.
- Inspect power cords for fraying and look for broken plugs and cracked or broken housing. If these items are damaged, they should be replaced immediately.
- If there are wires down, please clear the area and call 9-1-1 as soon as possible.
For more information, please contact Ocala Electric Utility at 352-629-2489 or visit www.ocalaelectric.org.