Marketing and Public Communication Office
Welcome to the City of Ocala's News and Press Release page. Here you will find press releases from the City of Ocala's Office of Public Communication.
City of Ocala Household Hazardous and Electronic Waste Collection Day - Saturday, April 20
OCALA, Fla. (April 6, 2019) – The City of Ocala will conduct a Household Hazardous and Electronic Waste Collection Day Saturday, April 20 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the corner of at NE 14th Street and NE Eighth Avenue.
Household hazardous waste and electronics are not permitted to be picked up with regularly scheduled residential sanitation collection. Waste from businesses will not be collected.
Examples of household hazardous waste items accepted:
- Lawn and garden chemicals
- Paint, paint thinners, gasoline and antifreeze
- Cleaning fluids
- Fluorescent bulbs, including compact fluorescent lamps
- Used oil and filters
- Batteries (auto batteries, rechargeable batteries, etc.)
- Pool chemicals
- Aerosol cans
- Thermometers and thermostats
This year, cooking oils will also be accepted during this event. Only vegetable oil and frying oils will be accepted. Cooking oils may be collected in plastic containers with tight fitting lids.
Examples of electronic items accepted:
- Battery chargers
- Computers, keyboards and monitors
- Small copiers, printers, answering machines and fax machines
- CD, DVD, Blu-ray and MP3 players
- Stereos and televisions
- Cell phones, tablets, PDAs, scanners and cameras
For more information, please contact the City of Ocala Residential Sanitation Division at 352-351-6697.