City Council Zoom Meeting
Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
How to Participate
In an effort to accommodate all interested parties wishing to participate in the upcoming Ocala City Council Meetings, the public may utilize the following updated options for contributing to the meeting:
If a participant would like to submit questions in advance of the city council meeting, they may do so no later than 3:00 pm, on the day of the City Council meeting at CityCouncil@ocalafl.org.
The City will limit seating based on current social distancing guidelines, which requires six feet in between seats. Seats will be available on a first come, first served basis until safe maximum capacity is reached. Capacity limits will be as follows: 24 visitors in council chambers, ten visitors in the second-floor lobby, and ten visitors in the downstairs lobby of City Hall to view the meeting via television monitors. If participants want to make a verbal comment during the city council meeting, they must be present on the second-floor lobby or in the council chambers; otherwise, they will be able to submit a question or comment via the Q & A feature in the Zoom meeting.
To ask a question or make a comment via computer, laptop, or smartphone:
Online participants will not be able to make verbal comments; however, they will be able to utilize the Q & A feature to post a question or comment.
- Visit the Zoom website to download and install the Zoom software.
- After installing Zoom, you will be prompted to launch the application.
- Click on the button above to participate in the Zoom meeting.
- Enter first and last name in the “your name” field.
- Enter the email address in the appropriate field; click join.
- A prompt will appear to join with computer audio or to dial in via telephone for audio.
- Enter the question or comment in the Q & A section of the chat.