Join City Council Zoom Meeting
Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
How to Participate
In an effort to accommodate all interested parties wishing to participate in the upcoming Ocala City Council Meeting, Tuesday, May 19, 5 p.m. the public may utilize the following updated options for contributing to the meeting:
If a participant would like to submit questions in advance of the city council meeting, they may do so no later than 3:00 pm, on the day of the city council meeting at Citycouncil@ocalafl.org.
The City will limit seating based on current social distancing guidelines, which requires six feet in between seats. Seats will be available on a first come, first served basis until safe maximum capacity is reached. Capacity limits will be as follows: 24 visitors in council chambers, ten visitors in the second-floor lobby, and ten visitors in the downstairs lobby of City Hall to view the meeting via television monitors. If participants want to make a verbal comment during the city council meeting, they must be present on the second-floor lobby or in the council chambers; otherwise, they will be able to submit a question or comment via the Q & A feature in the Zoom meeting.
Alternatively, the City will provide a large projection screen with audio capabilities at the Ocala Downtown Market, 310 SE Third Street. The City will accommodate any attendees; however, any persons exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter the premises. Those attending at this location will be able to view the live meeting.
To ask a question or make a comment via computer, laptop, or smartphone:
Online participants will not be able to make verbal comments; however, they will be able to utilize the Q & A feature to post a question or comment.
- Visit the Zoom website to download and install the Zoom software.
- After installing Zoom, you will be prompted to launch the application.
- Click on the button above to participate in the Zoom meeting.
- Enter first and last name in the “your name” field.
- Enter the email address in the appropriate field; click join.
- A prompt will appear to join with computer audio or to dial in via telephone for audio.
- Use the “RAISE HAND” icon to provide public comments and enter the question or comment in the Q & A section of the chat.