About the Event
Join us downtown for this festive Ocala tradition.
Live entertainment, crafts, food, children's activities, a parade and a visit by Santa will all be a part of the 31st annual Light Up Ocala on Saturday, Nov. 22. from 4-9 pm in beautiful, historic downtown Ocala. This year's theme is " ."
Stages for the event will be located on North Magnolia Avenue, the downtown square and Citizens' Circle. In order to accomodate pedestrian traffic between the north and south venues, SR 40/Silver Springs Blvd. will be closed adjacent to the square.
The highlight of the event will be the lighting of downtown Ocala and a 42-foot Christmas tree which is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
Musical entertainment will include Norman Lee, Old Skool, Taylor Johnson, Alexandra Sexton, Victoria Sexton, Tyler Kaine, James Wynn, and Kaboozie Kazoo. This year's main stage headliner on the square will be Making Faces, a funky punk rock and reggae band from West Palm Beach. At Citizens' Circle, the "Brick City Strings" and "Brick City" bands will be covering Transiberian Orchestra holiday favorites. In addition, a wide array of dancers and musicians will be performing throughout the evening.
Also new this year:
- A "Whoville" themed kids zone at the north lot which incorporates the Brick City Plaza where the animated "Grinch that Stole Christmas" will show on the big screen.
- The downtown holiday skating rink, "Let's Skate Ocala" will premiere at the event and will remain open through January 5, 2015.
Other activites will include:
- Junior Sunshine Christmas Parade which will weave through downtown streets.
- 5-8:30 p.m. - Santa will be in his sleigh to visit with children after the parade.
- 7:30 p.m. - City officials will kick off the holiday season.