About the Event
Join us downtown for this festive Ocala tradition.
33rd Annual Light Up Ocala
Live entertainment, crafts, food, children's activities, Junior Sunshine Christmas parade and a visit by Santa will all be a part of the 33rd annual Light Up Ocala on Saturday, Nov. 19 from 4-9 p.m. in beautiful, historic downtown Ocala.
Stages for the event will be located on the corner of Fort King Street and South Magnolia Avenue, North Magnolia Avenue, the Downtown Square and Citizens' Circle. In order to accommodate pedestrian traffic between the north and south venues, SR 40/Silver Springs Blvd. will be closed adjacent to the square.
The highlight of the event will be the lighting of downtown Ocala and a 42-foot Christmas tree which is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
Musical entertainment to be announced. In addition, a wide array of dancers and musicians will be performing throughout the evening.
Additional entertainment and FUN this year:
- A "Whoville" themed kids zone at the north stage zone. Come have your photo taken with The Grinch and his entourage of Who's, and enjoy many of the slides and bounce houses!
- The Downtown Holiday Skating Rink, "Let's Skate Ocala" will open at the event. PLEASE NOTE: the location of the rink has been moved to the southern parking lot of City Hall, due to construction of the new parking lot in the rinks' previous location. See you at the rink!
Other activites will include:
- Junior Sunshine Christmas Parade which will weave through downtown streets and includes more than 1,000 youth from the community.
- 5-8:30 p.m. | Santa will be in his sleigh to visit with children after the parade.
- 6:30 p.m. | City officials will kick off the holiday season with the Lighting Ceremony.
- Kid Events games and FUN zones
Click to Enlarge
Event Map will be posted prior to Light Up Ocala