About the Event
Join us downtown for this festive Ocala tradition.
32nd Annual Light Up Ocala
Live entertainment, crafts, food, children's activities, Junior Sunshine Christmas parade and a visit by Santa will all be a part of the 32nd annual Light Up Ocala on Saturday, Nov. 21 from 4-9 p.m. in beautiful, historic downtown Ocala.
Stages for the event will be located on North Magnolia Avenue, the Downtown Square and Citizens' Circle. In order to accommodate pedestrian traffic between the north and south venues, SR 40/Silver Springs Blvd. will be closed adjacent to the square.
The highlight of the event will be the lighting of downtown Ocala and a 42-foot Christmas tree which is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
Musical entertainment to be announced. In addition, a wide array of dancers and musicians will be performing throughout the evening.
Additional entertainment and FUN this year:
- A "Whoville" themed kids zone at the north stage zone, which incorporates the Brick City Plaza where the animated "Grinch that Stole Christmas" will show on the big screen.
- The Downtown Holiday Skating Rink, "Let's Skate Ocala" will open at the event. We have nearly doubled the size of the rink last year, which will allow more space for you, your family and friends!
Other activites will include:
- Junior Sunshine Christmas Parade which will weave through downtown streets and includes more than 1,000 youth from the community.
- 5-8:30 p.m. | Santa will be in his sleigh to visit with children after the parade.
- 6:30 p.m. | City officials will kick off the holiday season with the Lighting Ceremony.
- Kid Events games and FUN zones
will be available at a later date.
Click to Enlarge