- Florida Permit Surcharge Program
- Rehab Standards Manual
- Changes to the Florida Building Code - Building
- Changes to the Florida Building Code - Energy Conservation
- Changes to the Florida Building Code - Existing Building
- Changes to the Florida Building Code - Fuel & Gas
- Changes to the Florida Building Code - Mechanical
- Changes to the Florida Building Code - Plumbing
- Changes to the Florida Building Code - Residential
- 2010 Florida Building Code Wind Map
- Wind Map Building Risk Category 2
- Building Code Guidelines for Electrical Inspections
- Building Code Guidelines for Mechanical Inspections
- Building Code Guidelines for Plumbing Inspections
- Building Code Guidelines for Structural Inspections
- Commercial Electrical Plan Review Checklist
- Commercial Mechanical Plan Review Checklist
- Commercial Plumbing Plan Review Checklist
- Commercial Structural Plan Review Checklist
- One and Two Family Dwelling Plan Review Checklist
DEREK WIECHMANN, PG, CBO
CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL
201 SE 3rd St., 2nd Floor
Ocala, FL 34471
Email Address: email@example.com
Business hours: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Monday through Friday
The Building Division provides construction regulation, permitting, professional licensing/ certification, and residential/commercial building plan review for the citizens of Ocala.
We pride ourselves on being user friendly. We understand that in the construction industry, timing is everything. We are dedicated to providing timely inspections. If you call before 8 a.m., you will receive an inspection that day. Calls after 8 a.m. will be scheduled the next business day. If you are scheduling on E-Trakit, you must schedule before 7:30 a.m. for a same day inspection. We provide emergency inspections when conditions warrant.
Inspections scheduled by phone must occur no later than 5:00 pm the previous day. Inspections for the next day may be scheduled through E-Trakit after 5:00 pm and before 7:00 am the morning of the inspection.
The hour between 7:00 and 8:00 am the day of the inspection will only be for communicating with inspectors about code questions or jobs in progress.
Up-to-date permit review and inspection information is available at your fingertips 24 hours a day. Check out how E-Trakit can be used to search by Permit Number, Property Address, or Contractor Name. Please let us know if we can help you become more comfortable with this valuable resource. Service is what the City is all about, and we look forward to assisting you in your next construction project.
City of Ocala Holiday Closures - Thanksgiving, Nov. 23-24, 2017
City of Ocala business offices will be closed Thursday, Nov. 23 and Friday, Nov. 24 in observance of Thanksgiving.
11/16/2017 10:04:34 AM
City of Ocala Recreation and Parks Department to Host 'A Fight for Freedom: Attack on Fort King' Dec. 2-3
Admission to this event is $5 per person. Veterans, active military and children ages five and under are free.
11/15/2017 1:05:10 PM