The BFG - After Dark in the Park Movie Series
06/16/2017 8:30 PM - 10:30 PM
1st Annual Smoking Hot BBQ Competition
06/23/2017 12:00 PM - 06/24/2017 8:00 PM
Pete's Dragon - After Dark in the Park Movie Series
07/07/2017 8:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- May 28
Reading with a Ranger kicks-off 11 a.m. this Friday, June 2, at Tuscawilla Playground. Come enjoy a story read by a Park Ranger! Participants are encourage to bring a lunch to enjoy in the park.
- May 27
After Dark in the Park FREE summer movies are coming to a park near you! Bring your lawn chairs and blankets, we'll be selling popcorn and a drink for $1.
- May 26
End of the year girls' luau & silly string party! #ocalarecpark #schoolsout #summer #memorialdayweekend
- May 26
Due to unexpected repairs, the Hampton Aquatic FUN Center will not open as scheduled. We apologize for this inconvenience and will post any updates as they come. In the meantime you can enjoy the Jervey Gantt Aquatic FUN Center (2390 SE 36 Ave.) and Lily's Splash Pad (220 NW 17 Pl.) which are both OPEN!
- May 26
There's still time to sign-up your child for one of our awesome summer camps! Head over to www.ocalafl.org/recpark for more information and to register NOW!
- May 24
Staying in town for the holiday weekend? Come play bingo!
A Guide to Ocala Parks
1307 NW Fourth Ave.
Ocala, Florida 34475
The Rules of Play
The following partial list of park rules and regulations is provided to help ensure that your visit with us is as safe and enjoyable as possible.
- Please be responsible for the safety of yourself and your family.
- You can play here from sunrise to sunset.
- Lighted courts close at 10 p.m.Help us to provide a smoke free place for our children to play - refrain from smoking near playgrounds or other places where children might gather.
- Well behaved dogs on leashes are welcome to play; but not on the Jervey Gantt walking trail and not on playgrounds. (Scoop the poop - kids play here too!)
- Make memories not messes - put trash in its place.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, scooters or skateboards are not permitted on courts or trails.
- Amplified sound, assemblies, camping, commercial applications, overnight parking, portable amusement devices, public demonstrations and solicitations by approval and permit of the Recreation and Park’s Director only.
- To ensure a safe place to play, the following activities are not permitted in city parks: alcoholic beverages, digging (i.e. as would be typical with activities such as treasure hunting), drugs, feeding, harassing, releasing or taking of animals, firearms or fireworks except as permitted by Florida Statute, off road vehicles and swimming in ponds.
The City of Ocala parks are maintained by city and contract crews. If you have any maintenance concern please bring it to our attention.Events Logistics and Enforcement Services
PARKS OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
The Events Logistics and Enforcement Services program was developed to address security issues, provide natural resource management and education programs and to provide information related to park operations to park patrons. If you have parks operational concerns, please contact us. Sports Turf and Athletic Fields
Sports field and turf grass maintenance for all City of Ocala's fields, inclusive of mowing, irrigation, chemicals, fertilizer applications, infields grooming, sand volleyball courts, layout/painting of various sports and all turf maintenance practices.
Want to Hold a Party in the Park?
Picnic Pavilions (and even some parks) can be reserved for group gatherings. Whether it is a family birthday party, a family reunion, or even a corporate picnic, we can assist you with identifying the best facility to meet your needs. For more information on reserving a pavilion or facility, go to our online registration system, (reservation fees apply) or call 352-368.5500. For your reference, below is a list of other phone numbers/websites you might find helpful in your quest to enjoy the great outdoors!
Marion County Parks and Recreation 352-671-8560
Ocala National Forest Visitor Center 352-236-0288
Florida State Parks Information Center 850-245-2157