- Oct 18
Headliners Aaron Tippin and Georgia Satellites have been announced for Harvest Fest! VIP tickets are on sale for $20 at www.feeldowntownlive.com
- Oct 18
Join us Friday, Oct. 20 for Moana as we continue our After Dark in the Park Movie Series. We will handing out hawaiian leis and other fun goodies at the event so come join us! Popcorn and drinks will be available for a small fee. The event is located at the MLK, Jr. Recreation Complex. Please bring your own lawn chairs and blankets. For questions, call 352-368-5517.
- Oct 18
Searching for financial peace? Then this course is your solution! We will be having a Ramsey Solution trained and certified master financial coach teach 9 lessons over 9 weeks. Each week is a new topic and you can join in anytime. This class if offered at no cost to participate, however you will have the opportunity to purchase a workbook that your household can share. For more information, please call 352-368-5517.
- Oct 17
Trick-or-treat! Bring the whole family for a safe, fun-filled night of Halloween games and lots of candy! For more information, call 352-368-5517.
- Oct 16
Visit the 'Laird: The Series of Cphace’ art exhibition before it moves! The display is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Tuesday, Oct. 24 at the City Hall gallery located at 110 SE Watula Ave.
- Oct 15
Test your wits through this spooky trail... the darker it gets, the scarier it becomes! The Fort King Haunted Trail will be hosting their annual Fort King Haunted Trail Saturday, Oct. 28 from 5 - 9 p.m. Trick-or-treaters should come dressed in costume and prepared for candy! Beetlejuice will be playing on the lawn beginning at 7:30 p.m.
A Guide to Ocala Parks
1307 NW Fourth Ave.
Ocala, Florida 34475
The Rules of Play
The following partial list of park rules and regulations is provided to help ensure that your visit with us is as safe and enjoyable as possible.
- Please be responsible for the safety of yourself and your family.
- You can play here from sunrise to sunset.
- Lighted courts close at 10 p.m.Help us to provide a smoke free place for our children to play - refrain from smoking near playgrounds or other places where children might gather.
- Well behaved dogs on leashes are welcome to play; but not on the Jervey Gantt walking trail and not on playgrounds. (Scoop the poop - kids play here too!)
- Make memories not messes - put trash in its place.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, scooters or skateboards are not permitted on courts or trails.
- Amplified sound, assemblies, camping, commercial applications, overnight parking, portable amusement devices, public demonstrations and solicitations by approval and permit of the Recreation and Park’s Director only.
- To ensure a safe place to play, the following activities are not permitted in city parks: alcoholic beverages, digging (i.e. as would be typical with activities such as treasure hunting), drugs, feeding, harassing, releasing or taking of animals, firearms or fireworks except as permitted by Florida Statute, off road vehicles and swimming in ponds.
The City of Ocala parks are maintained by city and contract crews. If you have any maintenance concern please bring it to our attention.Events Logistics and Enforcement Services
PARKS OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
The Events Logistics and Enforcement Services program was developed to address security issues, provide natural resource management and education programs and to provide information related to park operations to park patrons. If you have parks operational concerns, please contact us. Sports Turf and Athletic Fields
Sports field and turf grass maintenance for all City of Ocala's fields, inclusive of mowing, irrigation, chemicals, fertilizer applications, infields grooming, sand volleyball courts, layout/painting of various sports and all turf maintenance practices.
Want to Hold a Party in the Park?
Picnic Pavilions (and even some parks) can be reserved for group gatherings. Whether it is a family birthday party, a family reunion, or even a corporate picnic, we can assist you with identifying the best facility to meet your needs. For more information on reserving a pavilion or facility, go to our online registration system, (reservation fees apply) or call 352-368.5500. For your reference, below is a list of other phone numbers/websites you might find helpful in your quest to enjoy the great outdoors!
Marion County Parks and Recreation 352-671-8560
Ocala National Forest Visitor Center 352-236-0288
Florida State Parks Information Center 850-245-2157