A Guide to Ocala Parks
Parks Division Head
1307 NW 4th Avenue
Ocala, Florida 34475
The Rules of Play
The following partial list of park rules and regulations is provided to help ensure that your visit with us is as safe and enjoyable as possible. Please be responsible for the safety of yourself and your family.
- You can play here from sunrise to sunset. Lighted courts close at 10 pm.
- Help us to provide a smoke free place for our children to play - refrain from smoking near playgrounds or other places where children might gather.
- Well behaved dogs on leashes are welcome to play; but not on or near walking trails or playgrounds. (Scoop the poop - kids play here too!)
- Make memories not messes - put trash in its place.
- Bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, or scooters are not permitted on trails or courts.
- Assemblies, public demonstrations, solicitations, portable amusement devices, commercial applications, amplified sound, camping, and overnight parking by approval and permit of the Recreation and Park’s Director only.
- To ensure a safe place to play, the following activities are not permitted in city parks: Fireworks or firearms except as permitted by Florida Statute: drugs or alcoholic beverages: off road vehicles; harassing, feeding, taking or releasing of animals; swimming in ponds; digging (i.e. as would be typical with activities such as metal detecting and treasure hunting).
The City of Ocala parks are maintained by city and contract crews. If you have any maintenance concern please bring it to our attention.
Park Ranger Program
Parks Operations supervisor
The Park Ranger Program was developed to address security issues, provide natural resource management and education programs, and to provide information related to park operations to park patrons. If you have parks operational concerns, please contact us.
:: Links of Interest ::
Want to Hold a Party in the Park?
Picnic Pavilions (and even some parks) can be reserved for group gatherings. Whether it is a family birthday party, a family reunion, or even a corporate picnic, we can assist you with identifying the best facility to meet your needs. For more information on reserving a pavilion or facility, go to our online registration system at http://Activenet6.Active.com/OcalaMarionCounty/, (reservation fees apply) or call 368.5500.
For Your Reference
Below is a list of other phone numbers/websites you might find helpful in your quest to enjoy the great outdoors!