Live entertainment, crafts, food, children's activities, a parade and a visit by Santa will all be a part of the 32nd annual Light Up Ocala on Saturday, Nov. 21 from 4-9 p.m. in beautiful, historic downtown Ocala.
Stages for the event will be located on North Magnolia Avenue, the Downtown Square and Citizens' Circle. In order to accomodate pedestrian traffic between the north and south venues, SR 40/Silver Springs Blvd. will be closed adjacent to the square.
The highlight of the event will begin at 7:30 p.m. with the lighting of downtown Ocala and a 42-foot Christmas tree.
- Musical entertainment to be announced.
- A "Whoville" themed kids zone takes place at the north lot. A showing of the animated "Grinch Who Stole Christmas" will be held at the Brick City Plaza on the BIG screen.
- The downtown holiday skating rink, "Let's Skate Ocala" will premiere at the event and will remain open through January 2016 (exact date to be announced).
Other activites will include:
- Junior Sunshine Christmas Parade which will weave through downtown streets.
- Santa will be in his sleigh to visit with children after the parade.
- City officials will kick off the holiday season with the official lighting of the tree.